It had to happen sooner or later. I have tried to avoid it, and trust me, this may be the one and only instance in which I comply – well partially comply, but I have been tagged with a blog award. From what I have seen of these awards, they look like a lot of hard work and are time consuming, which is why this may be the only one I do. After all, I have books to write, revise, and edit. Bookmarks and book trailers to design, fans to interact with, marketing and promotion of said books. I’d rather devote my time and activities to those things which will help further my writing career. And let’s not forget that little thing called the full time day job, since Hallmark and Disney have not contacted me yet about the movie rights. But the fact of the matter is that I received this same award from two people on the same day…don’t ask me how that happened. It must really have been my turn.
So Thanks to Eisley Jacobs (@EisleyJacobs) over at Eisley’s Ellipses and Ann Arkie (@annarkie) of Supernatural Smut (isn’t it wonderful that I received this from two such dissimilar authors – the irony of this amuses me). If you have a Twitter account – follow both of these lovely ladies. Okay let’s get this over with. And for those who know me, it should not come as any surprise that I’ll follow some of the rules and bend others.
***Addendum number 2 – Monica Pierce (@ThePreyers) of Stalking Fiction has also returned the favor. I’m starting to think they didn’t appreciate the gift in the first place. Imagine that! AND I don’t yet see Monica’s award post.
****Addendum to addendum number 2 – The post is now (2/23/10) up at Stalking Fiction, so swing by & take a look. I might have to go into hiding soon, so if you don’t see me for awhile, you’ll know where to start looking.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave this to you.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
seventhree “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
- Post links to the seven three blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
All righty then. The first three points are done. So here come the rest. Mind you, these may not be much because I don’t have a lot of practice with lies and while I do have several outrageous truths, I share them, so a lot of people know them already.
Which are lies, and wherein lies the truth?
- Using past life regression therapy, I have discovered that I was once the Queen of Siam – which really explains my disdain for domesticity. I need servants to take care of me.
- In school, my teachers put me through a battery of IQ tests to determine what level of genius I am then skipped me ahead a grade.
- I see dead people.
- My fear of snakes comes from having been chased by a water moccasin
- There’s a black hole in my brain which is unexplainable by doctors
- I have a grandmother who rode with the Hell’s Angels
- I had to give up a career in professional softball due to knee injury
And who am I nominating to be the next victims recipients of this lovely award?
- Monica Pierce (@ThePreyers) of Stalking Fiction because with her creativity and command of the English language, I can’t wait to see what lies she puts down
- Linda Welch (@welch6331) of Linda’s Worlds because she has a quick wit and I’m really interested to see what she comes up with after she finishes cursing me for getting her involved
- Shannon Yarbrough (@slyarbrough) of The Lone Writer because I always appreciate his point of view and I know he’ll be able to spin a tall tale for us.
All three of these folks are well worth a follow on Twitter, so don’t miss out. Now I’m off to leave comments on their blogs, and this award will be complete.